Five applications for joint financing by SNS and NKJ were approved by the board in June.
These are the ones getting financed this time:
* BioWiseTrans Advancing the bioeconomy transition in the Nordic Region
The network will arrange three workshops, one in each Finland, Norway and Sweden. The network wants to make stakeholders part of research processes and get attention to the local initatives that helps turning the economy green.
* Dialogue Biocontrol Improving utilization of biocontrol research for practical plant protection solutions in agriculture and forestry
The network wants to promote transfer of basic research to commercially viable biocontrol solutions.
* Neonectria cankers on trees Meeting changes in climatic conditions and increased problems in Nordic horticulture and forest production by interdisciplinary networking
This network has the aim to significantly increase the knowledge on the canker diseases in horticulture and forest.
* Genes4Change Adaption, mitigation and breeding of trees and crops for future climate
The network wants to gather people from both forestry and horticulture sectors to gain strenght for both. They will try to identify gaps of knowledge and to transfer knowledge into practice.
* FiberTies The use of fibrous materials from biomass
The focus of the network is to share knowledge and place focus on sustainable, value-added utilization of plant fibers from the forest, agricultural and food sectors in building, textile and packaging industry.
Main applicant Anne Christine Steenkjaer Hastrup interviewed here!
The new networks will be financed 2018 and in one case 2018-2019. SNS and NKJ, Nordisk komité for jordbruks- og matforskning, contributes equally. The networks gets from 114 500 SEK to 444 000 SEK.