SNS has succesfully supported forest research networks for many years. From 2012, networks are joint network within the SNS-EFINORD cooperation. The aim of the joint EFINORD-SNS networks are; to increase North European regional synergy within forest research by networking and joint utilisation of unique research facilities; to establish better contact between the forest research communities in the Nordic, Baltic Sea and the North Atlantic regions; to strengthen North European forest research and networking in Europe; and to encourage North European forest researchers to take part in pan-European and international projects.
Network grants are for 1 year, and a self financing component of at minimum 50% of the total budget of the network is required. Reporting forms for networks can be downloaded here:
- SSFE – Scandinavian Society of Forest Economics
- NEFOM – North European Forest Mycologists
- NOLTFOX – Northern European Database of Long-term Fores Experiments
- WSE – Northern European Network for Wood Science Engineering
- Phythopthora-diseases of forest trees in Northern Europe
- Nordic Network on Forest Policy Science
- NorForM – Northern Forest Water Mercury Network
- Ecosystem services from dead wood in Northern Europe
- FORDIS – Natural Disturbance Dynamics Analysis for Ecosystem Based Management
- Continuous forest cover experiments in Northern Europe
The networks of “PRIFOR”, “FORDIS” and “Continuous forest cover” will have joint activities in 2014.
You can also find information on previous networks.